Categories of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a web server administered by a website hosting supplier. There are different classes of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's take a glance at these. Thus, you can elect what you need, based on whether you desire to launch a web site, mail address accounts, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by particular hosts, which permits you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free file hosting services often involve adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is a totally twisted interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would assign the tasks at hand between separate sets of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; some companies provide a hosting solution for images only. This hosting type is good if you desire to share a large number of pics with buddies or associates since the solution is typically free. You will receive a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to handling your mail address accounts. Some firms offer hosting services for websites, but do not offer an email solution. If you desire to set up an email address with your domain name but do not desire to run a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will permit you to own as many videos as you desire without hassling about system quotas.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to keep a site. To some degree, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting sorts since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mails, upload videos, and so on. At WebHost-ing.com, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated hosting services that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one place. There may be restrictions depending on the form of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse compared to the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular content only.